Relevant alterations, additions or extensions to a property will require an Opinion / Certificate of Compliance with Planning Requirements and Building Regulations.

The onus is on the property Vendor and the Vendors Solicitor to arrange this if an Opinion / Certificate is required.

For the Purchaser of a Property

As part of our Pre-Purchase Surveys, we identify such works as are evident for your information so as to facilitate your solicitor requesting Certificates from the Vendor to confirm compliance with Planning and Building Regulations.

For the Vendor of a Property

We will inspect the relevant addition, alteration or extension to the property and prepare an Opinion / Certificate of Compliance. This should then be provided to your solicitor. Relevant advice will be given where deemed necessary.

Some common examples of additions and alterations that require certification are:

  • Attic Conversion
  • Extension
  • Conservatory
  • Garage Conversion
  • Structural Alteration / Wall Removal
  • New Porch
  • Alteration Driveway
  • Any Permanent Outhouse / Shed