This is our most popular and frequently carried out service, and is our specialty. We are considered a leading expert in Pre-Purchase Surveys of both Houses and Apartments. Please note that this is also often referred to as a Building Survey or Structural Survey. They are all the same thing.
We carry out surveys of properties of all types and ages and in any location in Dublin and Surrounding Counties, so rest assured if you are buying a property and wish to know as much as you can before buying, and avoid potential disaster, you have come to the right place! We are experts in properties of all types, and are happy to look at any property ranging from a modern apartment or three bed semi, to one off rural bungalows with well supply and septic tank, to three storey Georgian house over basement. We will give appropriate and dedicated attention to the property that you are buying, no matter the type.
Buying a new home may be the biggest investment you’ll ever make. While the house you have selected may seem ideal, how can you be sure there aren’t potentially serious issues which may make your dream home a costly one. To avoid unpleasant surprises, you should learn as much as you can about the property by having a house survey carried out by a Registered Building Surveyor before you buy.
A Registered Building Surveyor is specifically trained and qualified to carry out House and Apartment Surveys. Perri & Associates Building Surveyors specialise in this area. We have 20 Years experience specialising in residential property surveying and have inspected over 10,000 houses and apartments in that time.
We will survey your new home until satisfied that everything that can be done to protect your interests has been carried out. We take our business and your interests very seriously. Most of our referrals come from previous clients. Our record speaks for itself.
Our inspections focus on the areas that affect you as a potential buyer. Main focus is always on major potential issues such as structural failure and dampness. Every property is individual and we treat it as such.
All of the following are considered as part of our inspections:
- Structure – Full Interior and Exterior Building Survey
- Evidence of non-usual Settlement, and Subsidence
- Water Penetration & Damp Issues
- Moisture Meter Readings
- Condensation and Mould
- Property Air Supply Venting
- Potential Pyrite
- Evident Roof Issues
- Soffit / Fascia, Gutters, Exterior Piping
- Evidence of Woodworm and Timber Rot
- Windows and Doors / evident condition / seal issues
- Property Services – Electrics, Plumbing and Heating, and Drainage
- Evident Boundary Issues
- Evident Alterations requiring Certification
- Safety Issues
- Asbestos and other Deleterious Material
- Essential Maintenance Requirements
We make recommendation for checks by your solicitor, particularly regarding evident alterations requiring Certificates of Compliance from the vendors, and also regarding evident boundary issues.
Our reports give clear, considered and reflective practical advice
Regarding Apartment Surveys:
Please keep in mind that it is every bit as important to have an apartment inspected as a house survey. In addition to many of the issues mentioned above, apartments are prone to particular and frequently occurring defects such as:
- Roof leaks
- Leaks from balconies over living space
- Condensation issues
- Air Venting and Extraction Issues
- Excessive cracking due to inadequate expansion jointing and other issues
- Evidence of Pyrite
- Communal Space Issues
- Problems with Fire Safety Systems
- Building Regulation Breaches regarding provision for Escape
- Missing and non-functioning Fire Doors
- Dysfunctional or Non-Functioning Building Management causing lack of Maintenance
Please see a very small sample selection below of typical properties inspected and some defects commonly observed.